Wednesday 17 February 2010

Introduction to the module.

Today was my introduction to the module. What I assume the module is about is understanding my career path and investigating how to achieve this. What is it I want to be able to do?

-Architectural Visualisation
-High Quality Renders
-Vray Capable
-Both photo-real and stylistic approach

Architectural Visualization. What do I need to look at to be able to do this?
  • Modeling. Experimentation and research into how to model accurately and efficiently. Avoid memory and rendering issues.
    My models tend to have repetitive patterns and sequences of shapes and form? I think this is an issue that needs to be address as it dramatically increases poly counts and render times. How do I achieve such looks without cloning? Array?
  • Lighting. The type of lighting I want to use is exterior day/night light so I believe sun systems and skylights are what I need to look into and perfect. Can it be achieved using other types of lights to improve render time and quality?
  • Animation. Why do my animations never work? What am I doing differently to other architects/visualizers/students? Research needs to be done on the process of creating visualizations. Modeling techniques. Such of layers and compositing.
This project I believe should be used to test and explore ideas and possibilities. Focus on modeling and animation. Possibily through a design project?

Animation. Storyboards. Style. Concept. Reason. Process.

What is the process involved in creating a 3D animation?

No comments:

Post a Comment